Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring is in the air.....

We have had less snow fall this year than the past 3 winters we have lived here in Upstate NY. The snow is melting nicely and the smell outdoors is that of spring. Oh how I long for the beautiful weather the spring and summer bring.

Being a large family living in limited space (military housing) can be a challenge.  Especially in the long winter months. We love being outdoors together, even if just sitting on a blanket in the front yard. I take it all in. The sights and sounds of the seasons.  I absolutly love the smell of fresh cut grass!  I bought mammoth sunflower seeds that will get to about 12ft. The girls and I will plant them indoors to get the seedlings started.  Then plant them outdoors once the chance of frost is gone and watch them grow, grow grow. 

Oh spring is definatly in the air and it can't get here soon enough for me!

Blessings, Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment