Tuesday, February 16, 2010

When life gives you lemons......

make lemonaide.  We've all heard that phrase many times but what does it really mean?  In my opinion it means turning bad situations into good ones, being a "glass half full" person rather than a "glass half empty" one.  This  is the phrase I am pondering today.  While I sit here (sipping my 2nd cup of java) thinking about the sick kiddos, all my daily tasks I need to complete, the pile of laundry that is waiting for me, what I will make for dinner.......and so on....you know what I'm talking about.  I realize all the good things I have to be thankful for, thus "I'll make lemonaide".  I am blessed with a home to live in, food to eat, vehicles to drive, health insurance, my freedom, great kids, a wonderful husband, my husbands job....I could go on and on.
I say all this because I do not want my family to sit idle anymore. I want others to turn their lemons into lemonaid. My kids being at the top of that list. Instead of complaining about having spaghetti again for dinner, they are thankful they have dinner to eat, instead of complaining they are board with their toys, they are thankful for having toys....you get the picture.  We all need to "make lemonaide" more often.

So with saying all that, here is what my plan is for our family.  We have a place here in Watertown called, The Impossible Dream. It is a food pantry and does a food line for dinner.  I am planning on taking my children there to have them explain what they do and to see if there are any volunteering opportunities for us. My desire is for our family to see all that we DO have instead of complaining of what we DON'T have. We are truely blessed with all we have, and we give God all the glory for it all.

So don't delay, make it a priority for you and your family to "Make lemonaide".   

~Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Shannon you are so good at always thinking about others, lemons or oranges or apples lets all make an effort to at least make some kinda something better than what is at that moment!! Take Care. D.

    ReplyDelete