Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Laundry Monster

Do you know him? Does he visit your home?  Are you scared of him?  In my house we get that ol' monster from time to time, but hey, we do have a family of 10.  That's a good excuse right.  NO!

You are probably wondering where I am going with this, right?  Well, today I am doing a load of laundry and my NEW washer is making this awful sound during the spin cycle. So I call the appliance repair place and they can't get us in till MONDAY....MONDAY people.  How can I function without washing clothes for a family of 10 till Monday.  Oh I am in dire straights. So, since we are on the laundry subject I thought I'd let you in on how laundry works in our home to keep it flowing smoothly...(well, as smooth at it possibly can...I told you the laundry monster rears his ugly head sometimes.)

I try to put in a load of laundry at night and put it in the dryer  before heading to bed.  In the morning I get up before the little ones, put in another load and fold the one in the dryer from the previous night.  When the load in the washer is done I usually put one more load in.  So that makes it roughly 3-4 loads a day that I do.  And if I'm really on task, they will get folded and put away (Diana don't you say a word!)  Doing it this way pretty much keeps up our laundry. I try to do sheets and blankets on the weekend.  Now, my oldest 3 children do their own laundry.  They are old enough and they don't mind doing it at all. Soon our 10 yr old will be doing her own.  I think it's great that they have this responsibility and it will make them more self sufficiant as they become adults.

So there ya have it, my laundry memoirs.  Have a blessed evening.  Oh and by the way, I am sipping my yummy java that my wonderful husband made me (as he does every evening.)

~Shannon

2 comments:

  1. Okay I promise I won't say a word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, that ole monster is going to creep in over the weekend...Bummer!!

    ReplyDelete