Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tales of a military wife....

I am so proud of my husband for serving our country.  He has worked so hard for where he is today.  But it doesn't come without many sacrifices to the family.  There was a time that I absolutly resented Gary for coming into the Army.  Here I was sitting at home for days, months, years on end without my husband, all the while tending to the children and taking care of all the other duties that there are.  I had to also pick up on all his tasks.  I was repairing things, mowing, doing the trash, car cleaning, taking vehicles in for oil changes....the list goes on and on.  It really wasn't easy and still isn't but we get through it.

But as time has gone on I have learned to appritiate my husbands job and the roll I play.  While he is working long hours at the office or deployed for years at a time, I realize we are truely blessed.  Blessed that he has a job, blessed that we have health insurance, a home, food to eat and each other.  Soon the children and I addapted.  We still miss him very much while he is away, we just adjust our routine.  I go into supermom mode, having to be much more orginized. I have to put my thumb down quickly on bad behaviors that arise so the children don't walk all over me.  They outnumber me so I have to be on my toes extra!!!

It's not a easy life to live but it is ours to live and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Be blessed. ~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment