Monday, February 15, 2010

Sick, sick, and sicker.......

Well, I am officially surrounded by sick, sick and sicker....aka, Joshua (sick), Londyn (sick), and Emilee (sicker). Joshua has had a cough and runny nose, Londyn just has a dry cough that's hung around for weeks, then there is Emilee who has it coming out at all ends. I'm thinking I need to put on the tall rubber boots, goggles, and a rain slicker (the kind fishermen wear).   We are running here and there cleaning up all sorts of bodily fluids amist taking care of all of our other daily tasks. But Gary and I are experts in "Orginized Chaos".   Don't ask me how we do it, we just do. It's times like this we like to call "Survival Mode". You know those days don't you? 
So lunch is now made, sick, sick, and sicker are still SICK and we continue on with our day.....

I posted a weekly recipe as promised. It is a family favorite and feeds a large family easily.  Let me explain why I chose this recipe first. I have been promising my dear friend Diana (which by the way has her own wonderful blog: oldworldsunflower.blogspot.com)  this recipe forever. We like to swap dinner ideas, so I decided this would be a good way to get it to her.  So Diana, here ya go!  I hope your family loves it as much as ours does.
We make bruchetta bread to go along with this recipe, so I will post that at a later time. If you make this, I would love it if you would post a comment letting me know how your family liked it and if you tweaked it I want to know what you did.

With that, I will bid you a good day. Enjoy it, be blessed and keep sipping that java....it makes everything seem so much better.
~Shannon

3 comments:

  1. Hah, I can't believe it took you starting your blog for me to finally get the RECIPE!!!! You are to funny, thank you for the plug, the things friends do for each other, I hope sick, sick and sicker get to feeling better! I know what you mean by the rain slicker you are just lucky it is only 3 of the 8 imagine if it was all of them at once, you would need a row boat just to get through it, love ya, D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay now I am jealous and hungry again!!! Did you make this tonight, we had taco's with carnitas(slow roasted meat) with homemade salsa and fideo. I am going to have to make your recipe in the next couple of days! Yummy. D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Kaylynne was the chef tonight. I just told her how to do each step and voila she made it. It tasted delicious.

    ReplyDelete